This beef puttanesca pizza is the perfect gourmet pizza night option. Fully loaded with tons of flavor and ready in just 30 minutes. Youâ€™ll love this delicious pasta sauce pizza twist.
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Dinner
- artichoke hearts
- basil leaves
- crushed red peper flakes
- Ground Beef
- Kalamata olives
- kosher salt
- pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Yellow onion
- Preheat your oven to 425Â°F and prepare baking sheet or pizza stone in the way you prefer. Stretch out your dough to the sides of the pan and set aside.
- In a skillet, add ground beef and onion and place over medium high heat. Crumble the meat as it cooks and continue cooking just until browned. If the beef has a lot of fat in the pan drain it out leaving a tablespoon of fat.
- Add in garlic, chopped tomato, olives, capers, crushed red pepper, kosher salt and black pepper. Cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes or until the flavors have combined and the mixture is no longer thin or watery. This is your pizza topping so you donâ€™t want it watery. Set aside the beef mixture when fully cooked.
- On your prepared pizza dough spread the bottom with desired amount of pizza sauce, making sure to leave a 1-inch border around the pizza. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and Â¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese. Top with beef mixture and then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until the crust is fully browned and cooked through and the top of the pizza is melted and brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes, sprinkle with fresh chopped basil and slice.