Kick up your breakfast game with decadent S’mores French Toast. Coated in golden graham cracker crumbs and topped with toasted marshmallows and chocolate, this is one breakfast everyone can agree on!
- Yield: 4 servings
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 4 slices country loaf or brioche bread somewhat stale
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup half and half
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cognac, divided (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter for griddle
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 4 ounces semi-sweet or dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 sheets graham crackers, for garnish
- Whisk the eggs, half and half, salt, vanilla, 1 tablespoon of cognac and cinnamon in a medium size bowl. Place the graham cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl or a dish.
- Dip one slice of bread in the egg mixture and soak for about 10-15 seconds, then turn it over and soak for another 10-15 seconds. Let the excess egg mixture drip off, then coat bread in the graham cracker crumbs, pressing gently to help them adhere. Flip bread over and coat the other side. Set aside on a plate and repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Melt butter on a nonstick griddle over medium heat. Place the bread on the griddle and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the French toast to a cookie sheet. Top each piece of French toast with 1/4 cup of mini marshmallows and broil until golden, about 30-60 seconds.
- For the chocolate sauce, place chocolate in a small bowl and set aside. In a 1-quart Saucepan, bring heavy cream up to a scald over medium heat. Pour over chocolate and stir until smooth. Stir in remaining tablespoon of cognac and drizzle over French toast. Garnish with graham cracker pieces.