Take date night-in romance to another level by preparing take-out food at home. This easy and quick stir-fry recipe is healthier than the take-out version, and you can make this a meatless dish by substituting shrimp or tofu instead of chicken.
- Course: EntrÃ©e
- Bean Sprouts
- Canola Oil
- Chicken Breast
- dried wide rice noodles
- fish sauce
- minced garlic
- minced lemongrass
- pinch of ground black pepper
- pinch of salt
- roughly chopped cilantro
- shredded carrots
- soy sauce
- Soak wide rice noodles in a bowl of very warm (110Â°F) water until they're pliable but still rather firm, about 30 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a French skillet on medium-high heat until it is smoking hot.
- Add the garlic, lemongrass, and carrots and stir fry for one minute or until fragrant.
- Add the sliced chicken breast and stir fry for another minute.
- Add one tablespoon of canola oil, wide rice noodles, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and half of the crushed peanuts, and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes until the noodles are soft.
- Push the ingredients to the side of the skillet. Add one tablespoon of canola oil onto the center and add the egg. Scramble the egg lightly until set. Break the egg into pieces and mix with the rest of the ingredients in the skillet.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the bean sprouts and cilantro. Toss and serve immediately.
- Garnish with the remaining crushed peanuts and more cilantro.