This easy-to-make pasta dish makes a wonderful romantic meal for two with enough for leftovers. Much of the flavor in this pasta comes from the Italian sausage thatâ€™s seasoned with fennel and the sweet sun-dried tomatoes. Depending on your taste, you can go for hot or sweet (mild) Italian sausage.
- Course: EntrÃ©e
- heavy cream
- Italian sausage
- olive oil
- pappardelle pasta
- Parmesan Cheese
- reserved pasta water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- sun-dried tomatoes
- Cook the Italian sausage according to the package instructions. Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Set aside.
- Boil water in a large stockpot for the pasta. When the water comes to a rolling boil, add a tablespoon of salt.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al-dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 3 quart sautÃ© pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and sautÃ© until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the pre-cooked Italian sausage slices and sun-dried tomatoes to the pan. SautÃ© for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and then strain the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the sautÃ© pan with the sausage and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add the reserved pasta water to the sautÃ© pan and toss the pasta until the water is evaporated.
- Add the heavy cream and toss until the sauce thickens and begins to stick to the pasta. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate the pasta and garnish with chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese.