This easy-to-make pasta dish makes a wonderful romantic meal for two with enough for leftovers. Much of the flavor in this pasta comes from the Italian sausage that’s seasoned with fennel and the sweet sun-dried tomatoes. Depending on your taste, you can go for hot or sweet (mild) Italian sausage.
- Yield: Serves – 4
- Course: Entree
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 1 pound pappardelle pasta
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound Italian sausage, cooked in advance and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (or 1/2 cup for a creamier sauce)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
1. Cook the Italian sausage according to the package instructions. Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Set aside.
2. Boil water in a large Circulon® stockpot for the pasta. When the water comes to a rolling boil, add a tablespoon of salt.
3. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al-dente.
4. While the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a Circulon® 3 quart sauté pan over medium-high heat.
5. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about a minute.
6. Add the pre-cooked Italian sausage slices and sun-dried tomatoes to the pan. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
7. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and then strain the pasta.
8. Add the pasta to the sauté pan with the sausage and sun-dried tomatoes.
9. Add the reserved pasta water to the sauté pan and toss the pasta until the water is evaporated.
10. Add the heavy cream and toss until the sauce thickens and begins to stick to the pasta. Add salt and pepper to taste.
11. Plate the pasta and garnish with chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Recipe created exclusively for Circulon by food blogger partners and recipe developers Stephen Burns and Donna Dang-Burns, of Dang that’s Delicious.