Egg salad gets spicy with the addition of sriracha! Tossed with crumbled bacon and creamy avocado, this kicked-up classic is sure to become your new go-to recipe.
- Yield: 6 open-faced sandwiches
- Course: Lunch
All you need for this recipe and more...
8 hard boiled eggs (4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites), peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons sriracha
1/4 cup chopped green onions
4 pieces crisp bacon, divided
1/2 avocado, cubed
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 cups fresh baby spinach or greens of choice
6 slices whole grain bread
1. In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, yogurt, sriracha, and a dash of salt and pepper.
2. Pour mixture over chopped eggs and mix.
3. Add green onion, 3 slices of crumbled bacon and cubed avocado, and mix gently.
4. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
5. Divide greens evenly among bread and top with egg salad.
6. Garnish with remaining slice of crumbled up bacon.