Cranberry BBQ Turkey PizzaBy Meiko Drew
Need a new way to spruce up those Thanksgiving leftovers? Well, look no further because this ultimate pizza is made with turkey, Brussels sprouts and includes a savory makeover to your traditional cranberry sauce. This pizza will make you wish it was Thanksgiving every week.
- Yield: 1 12
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Dinner
All you need for this recipe and more...
For the pizza toppings:
1 cup leftover turkey, shredded
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, roughly chopped
1 cup brussels sprout leaves
1/2 large red onion, sliced
1 jalepeño, sliced
1 teaspoon olive oil
For the cranberry sauce:
1 cup leftover cranberry sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons Worchester sauce
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
pinch celery seed
salt, to taste
pepper , to taste
For the pizza dough:
2 cups flour
3/4 cup warm water
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
- To Make Pizza Dough: Mix water and yeast in a large bowl and stir until yeast is completely dissolved. Set the bowl aside for 15 minutes.
- When ready, add all the remaining pizza dough ingredients to the bowl and stir with a spoon until the ingredients start to clump together. Use your grip and fists to knead the dough into one solid moist ball. Feel free to add additional flour if needed.
- Sprinkle approximately Â¼ teaspoon of olive oil onto the dough ball and lightly rub around the entire exterior surface. Place the dough back into the bowl and cover it with a towel four 60 minutes. The dough should double in size.
- When the dough is done rising, itâ€™s time to roll it out. Lightly flour a counter or large cutting board. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out evenly
- To make the cranberry BBQ turkey: Add leftover cranberry sauce, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, Worchestershire sauce, water, hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, celery seed to a medium saucepan and bring to a broil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Taste BBQ sauce and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Add half the cranberry BBQ sauce to the shredded turkey meat in a separate warm pan and stir. Reserve the remaining cranberry BBQ sauce to go straight onto the pizza.
- To make roasted Brussels sprout leaves: Preheat oven 450Â°F. Heat olive oil in a small, oven-safe skillet on medium high heat. Add in Brussels leaves and toss frequently for 4 minutes. Add Â¼ teaspoon of salt and toss for 1 more minute. Then add Brussels to the oven for 5 minutes to achieve a light char. Watch closely so that they donâ€™t burn then remove them from the oven. Leave the oven on for the pizza.
- To make pizza: Brush on one thin layer of the cranberry sauce around the pizza leaving at least a Â½ inch perimeter uncovered. Then layer on the mozzarella cheese, cranberry BBQ chicken, onions, jalapeÃ±os.
- Brush the perimeter of the pizza with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Place pizza in 450Â°F oven for 25 minutes and when done, remove pizza from oven and scatter roasted Brussels sprout leaves over the top. Serve warm!