This rich and creamy dish comes together quickly with the use of prepackaged gnocchi and frozen spinach. It’s a restaurant quality meal that you can have on the table in as little as 30 minutes and will appeal to even the pickiest of palates with it’s creamy sauce and tender pasta.
- 2 chicken breasts thinly-sliced boneless skinless
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 4 tablespoons salted butter divided
- 2 tablespoons onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- 10 ounces frozen spinach chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces packaged gnocchi prepared as directed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Course: Entrée
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium high heat in a large skillet and brown chicken until cooked through—about 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add two tablespoons butter to the pan, melt, and stir in onion and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat, pour wine into pan, and return to the heat. Bring to a simmer and scrape the bottom of the pan to release any browned bits. Continue to cook until wine is reduced by half. Stir in cream and simmer, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened to your liking.
- While sauce is simmering, microwave spinach as directed on the package, drain, season with salt and stir into the sauce followed by the cooked gnocchi and chicken.
- Bring all ingredients to a simmer for 2 minutes, remove from heat and serve hot.