How could a dinner you put together this quickly be this good? Credit the grill pan, which lets you cook chicken to moist, juicy perfection! Then pair that perfectly cooked chicken with a salty pretzel bun and sweet-tart mango salsa, and you have an irresistible balance of flavors and textures—on the table in under 20 minutes.
- 1 medium (about 1 cup) mango peeled, pitted, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- 1 tabespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 + 1/8 teaspoon salt divided
- 4 (5-6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast healves trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 pretzel hamburger buns slip horizontally
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Combine the mango, onion, cilantro, lime juice and 1/8 teaspoon of the salt in a small bowl; reserve.
- Working one at a time, place a chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. With the heel of your hand or a meat mallet, lightly pound the thicker end of the chicken so that it flattens to an even thickness with the rest of the breast half. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Transfer to a bowl and toss with the oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat a Circulon Ultimum nonstick grill pan over medium heat until hot. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 160°F, about 10-12 minutes. During the last 2 minutes of cooking top each breast half with a slice of cheese to allow it to melt. Transfer chicken to the bottom half of each bun, top with salsa and remaining bun half. Serve immediately.