Whether for Easter or just a happy Wednesday, these potatoes are a great side for ham, chicken or beef.
- Wash potatoes and slice as thin as possible, about 1/4" to 1/8".
- Cook in microwave until just soft, about 2 minutes per potato.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in frying pan, add 1/2 cup of chopped onion, and cook over medium heat for 1 minute, add two spoonfuls flour. Stir
until it becomes a paste.
- Add one cup milk. Stir constantly until it thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Layer potatoes, cheddar cheese and bacon bits until pan is full.
- Pour sauce over potato layers and cook for 20 minutes at 450°F or until all potatoes are soft, in an oven safe pan.
This is a great use for your Anolon pan as you can place it directly in the oven up to 450 degrees. Make the layers from the potatoes, cheese and bacon as thin as possible. This will give the dish more interest when you cut through it. Enjoy.