Sweet, spicy and savory – these wings have it all. The Asian-inspired flavors play off one another in the perfectly piquant sauce that glazes crunchy-crisp wings.
- Course: Appetizer
All you need for this recipe and more...
All Purpose Flour
For the Sauce
For the Wings:
minced fresh ginger
seasoned rice vinegar
- For the sauce: Heat the oil in an 2 qt. saucepan over medium. Add the garlic, ginger and Serrano pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200Â°F.
- Toss the chicken wings in a large bowl with the flour to coat.
- Heat the oil in an wok over medium, until the oil is hot enough to brown a 1-inch bread cube in 40-45 seconds. Add half the chicken wings and cook, stirring and turning occasionally, until the wings are golden brown and cooked through, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Place on a baking sheet and keep warm in the preheated oven. Repeat with the remaining wings.
- Transfer the wings to a large bowl, add the sauce and toss well to coat.