Potato, Carrot, and Zucchini LatkesBy Marge Perry & David Bonom
Plan on making the latkes as soon after you prepare the batter as possible – and no more than 30 minutes ahead of frying. Then, serve them practically right out of the pan – they'll be at their very best!
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 2 pounds russet potatoes , peeled and grated
- 1 large carrot , grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium onion , grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Line a large baking sheet with paper towels.
- Combine potatoes, carrot, zucchini, onion, eggs, flour, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl
- Heat both of the oils in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working 1 at a time, take a scant 1/3 cup potato mixture and form into a 3-inch diameter latke