Ingredients for this unusual duo of bright green and yellow soups are available at specialty food stores. This is a lovely way to show off the vivid colors of summer vegetables.
- Brookfarm Premium Macadamia Oil
- chicken broth or salted water
- Corn Shooter:
- crÃ¨me fraiche or sour cream
- fresh corn kernels
- fresh peas
- green onions (white part only)
- lemon grass (white part only)
- medium dry sherry
- Murrumbooee Bush Pepper and Salt Blend
- Pea Shooter:
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Shaved Australian black truffles
- To Serve:
- Truffle mustard
- vegetable or chicken stock
- White oepper
- sea salt and lemon juice
- For Corn Shooters:
- Place kernels from 1 ear corn in a blender with 2-3 tablespoons of water (enough to make a soup consistency) and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and lemongrass and sautÃ© for 1-2 minutes or until starting to soften. Add the remaining corn and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer 4-5 minutes. Using an immersion blender or blender, process the mixture until as smooth as desired. Return to the pan, add corn â€œjuiceâ€ and buttermilk, reheat and season to taste.
- For Pea Shooters:
- Bring the broth to the boil in a saucepan and add the peas with one mint sprig. Simmer for 1 minute or until just tender, but still bright green.
- Drain, reserving the liquid, and transfer to blender. Add the milk, vinegar, sherry and a couple of fresh mint leaves to the peas and puree, adding a little of the reserved liquid if necessary to bring to a desired consistency.
- Return to saucepan, season to taste and reheat.