The robust flavors of classic puttanesca sauce garlic, anchovy, tomato, olives and parsley have found their perfect mate in pan roasted cod. The contrast of the big, bold, sharp and slightly wild sauce with gentle, flaky and mild cod proved that sometimes, opposites really do attract.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Dinner
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless cod fillets
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 teaspoon drained capers
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Season cod fillets with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until very hot. Add the cod, flesh side down, and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes
- Return the skillet to the stove and heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, anchovy, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes