Serve this savory dish as an appetizer or side dish.
- Course: Side Dish
- bottle of Belgian-style or Trappist-style beer
- Chopped fresh parsley
- fresh mussels scrubbed and beard removed
- heavy cream
- trimmed and thinly sliced
- lemon wedge
- ribs celery
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the celery and butter in the Microwave Pressure Cooker and cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes
- Add the mussels, leek and beer to the Microwave Pressure Cooker.
- Place the lid on the Microwave Pressure Cooker and lock into the closed position.
- Cook the mussels on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure come down naturally by leaving the lid on the cooker until the white pressure indicator has dropped.
- Discard any mussels whose shells have not opened. Stir in the heavy cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley and some squeezed lemon and serve with warm, crusty bread for dipping.