This sweet and salty chicken is a real crowd-pleaser. Make the glaze a day or two ahead and keep refrigerated. The chicken may also be cooked 1-2 days in advance through step #2. Just before serving, re-heat the chicken on the grill pan (or outdoor grill); glaze it in the final two minutes of cooking.
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 4 pounds chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili-garlic sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place on a lightly oiled shallow baking sheet. Roast in the center of the oven 30 minutes, until a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 175°F.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Add half the chicken and brush with some of the glaze.