You donâ€™t have to be on a gluten-free diet to enjoy this simple and satisfying cinnamon-spiced apple crumble. Mix the topping while the filling is baking and youâ€™ll be eating warm apple crumble in no time at all.
- apple juice
- coconut flour
- dried currants
- Fine sea salt
- Ground cinnamon
- guar gum
- Maple Syrup
- melted coconut oil or organic canola oil
- of sweet apples
- pinch fine sea salt
- pure vanilla extract
- rice flour
- sorghum flour
- whole cane sugar
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375Â° F.
- Mix the apples, currants, sugar, apple juice, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Spoon the fruit into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake 25 to 30 minutes until the fruit has softened but is not mushy.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350Â° F. Remove the baking dish from the oven and place on a heatproof surface. Carefully remove the foil.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the fruit. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until the fruit juice is bubbling and the crumble is set. Serve warm from the baking dish.
- For the Crumble
- Combine the rice flour, coconut flour, sorghum flour, cinnamon, guar gum and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk to mix.
- Mix the maple syrup, oil and vanilla in a small bowl until thoroughly emulsified. Pour over the dry mixture. Mix only until large crumbs form and all the dry ingredients are moistened. If the crumble is dry, add additional maple syrup one teaspoon at a time. Set aside at room temperature while the filling bakes.
- Tips & Techniques