- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Herbed Mascarpone
- lemon juice
- Persian or 1/2 English cucumber
- Plain yogurt
- Red Wine Vinegar
- roughly chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- snipped chives and chopped basil or mint
- tomato juice
- tomato paste
- Place all the ingredients except the vodka in a blender and puree until desired consistency. Chill for an hour or overnight. For a smoother soup, strain mixture through a sieve.
- Just before serving, add the vodka and stir well. Taste and adjust seasoning or add more vodka, lemon or salt and pepper as desired. Serve in shooter glasses topped with a dollop of the mascarpone.
- Tips & Techniques