Crisp fish cakes made with any variety of seafood, or your own designer mixture, are served with a sweet, tangy sauce with a bite of heat from sweet chili sauce. Perfect with a salad and baguette for a casual family meal!
- basil or parsley
- egg white
- firm boneless
- skinless white fish
- salmon or seafood (or a mixture)
- fresh lime juice
- mango flesh
- olive oil
- sweet chili sauce
- To make the sauce, puree or mash the mango flesh with the lime juice and stir in the sweet chili sauce a little at a time to taste.
- Cut fish into large pieces and place in a food processor with the egg white and basil. Process until coarsely chopped.
- Shape into 8 cakes and roll in panko.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and cook the cakes over medium heat for 3-4 minutes each side, depending on thickness, or until cooked as desired. Serve with the sauce.