Moist and bursting with sweet berry and citrus flavors, this bountiful cake is a beauty. Remember to bake this in a hollow-centered bundt pan to ensure the cake bakes all the way through.
- 2 medium oranges
- aluminum-free baking powder
- apple cider vinegar
- Baking soda
- Dried cranberries
- Fine sea salt
- Orange Juice
- orange oil
- organic canola oil
- organic sugar
- pure vanilla extract
- white all purpose flour
- whole wheat pastry flour
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350Â° F. Thoroughly oil a 12-cup bundt pan or use a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a wire mesh strainer over a medium bowl. Add the whole wheat pastry flour, white flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and sugar to the strainer and sift into the bowl. Stir with a wire whisk.
- Add the oil, orange juice, vinegar, vanilla extract, orange oil and orange zest to a separate medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour into the dry mixture and whisk until the batter is smooth. Stir the dried cranberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared bundt pan. The pan will be about 2/3 full. Rotate the pan to level the batter and tap it lightly on the counter to pop some of the air bubbles.
- Bake 40 to 43 minutes, or until the cake is lightly browned and a tester inserted in a few spots near the center is clean or holding just a few moist crumbs.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a wire rack 5 or 6 minutes. Carefully run the tip of a small thin knife between the top of the cake and the pan. Place another wire rack on top of the cake and invert. Wait a 1 to 2 minutes and lift the pan from the cake. Cool the cake completely before serving.
- If the cake sticks to the pan when itâ€™s inverted on the rack, wet a kitchen towel in hot water, wring it out and place it over the pan. Shake the pan gently and the cake will release.