This tender, moist coffee cake, featuring tart cranberries, brown sugar streusel and a sweet vanilla glaze makes for a wonderful holiday brunch treat.
- Course: Dessert
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- brown sugar
- For the Brown Sugar Streusel:
- For the Coffee Cake:
- For the Vanilla Glaze:
- Fresh cranberries
- granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- milk or half and half
- Powdered sugar
- pure vanilla extract
- sour cream
- To make the streusel, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Let cool slightly and stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon and 1 and â…“ cup all purpose flour. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350Â°F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Sift together 2 and Â¼ cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in the vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream, mixing just until well combined. Fold in the cranberries.
- Pour the batter into the 9 x 13 inch baking pan and top with the brown sugar streusel. Bake at 350Â°F for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back out clean. Let the coffee cake cool completely.
- To make the vanilla glaze, beat together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Stir in the vanilla extract. Drizzle onto the cooled coffee cake.