The caramelized sugars in the cola make an irresistible sweet glaze for your holiday ham. Be sure to get a ham big enough for leftoversâ€”it is nearly as good sliced up for sandwiches or fried with eggs as it is when presented in its full glory just out of the oven.
- Dark brown sugar
- Dijon Mustard
- Orange Juice
- shank half bone-in cooked ham
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Trim any skin and excess fat on the ham. With a sharp knife, score the ham all over in a diamond pattern. Place the ham in a large Anolon Advanced Bronze nonstick roasting pan then pour 1 cup of the cola and 1 cup of the orange juice over it. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and roast 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 3 cups cola, 1 cup orange juice, sugar and mustard in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until reduced to 1 cup and mixture is slightly syrupy, about 45-48 minutes.
- After the ham has roasted 1 hour 15 minutes remove the foil and baste with some of the cola glaze. Continue roasting and basting ham every 15 minutes with the glaze until it is glossy and an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 145F, about 1 hour 15 minutes -1 hour 30 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and let rest 15-20 minutes before slicing.