Cool, creamy and full of rich chocolate flavor, you wonâ€™t miss the added fat and calories in this lightened up chocolate mousse recipe. Perfect for Valentineâ€™s Day but healthy enough to eat any day of the year.
- Chocolate shavings
- instant espresso powder
- Pinch sea salt
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- silken tofu
- Vanilla Extract
- Remove the silken tofu from the package and drain out any excess liquid. Place in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler by simply heating them in a heat-proof bowl place on top of a small pan with simmering hot water. Stir continuously with a rubber spatula until chocolate chips have completely melted being careful not to let the chocolate burn. Remove bowl of melted chocolate from the heat.
- Stir the vanilla extract, espresso powder and salt into the melted chocolate until combined. Add chocolate mixture to the tofu in the food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Divide chocolate mousse between two glasses or serving bowls and refrigerate until chilled - 2 hours or overnight. Garnish with chocolate shavings.