More than just an ordinary omelet, this savory combination of meaty mushrooms, sweet leeks, and creamy, tangy goat cheese adds up to an incredibly satisfying mealâ€”be it breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- finely chopped fresh chives
- finely chopped leeks
- finely chopped tomato
- garlic clove
- goat cheese
- ground black pepper
- olive oil
- thinly sliced assorted wild mushrooms
- unsalted butter
- Combine the eggs, chives, 1/8 teaspoon of the salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the mushrooms, leeks, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pour in the egg mixture. Use a spatula to push the cooked egg towards the center, tilting the skillet in a circular motion to allow uncooked egg to flow to the outside.
- Cook 4 minutes or until eggs are no longer runny. Flip the omelet over and place the goat cheese on one half. Cook 2 minutes then fold half the omelet over the goat cheese and slide onto a plate