Refrigerated prepared dough makes short work of this crisp-crusted, healthy pizza. Get fresh dough from your local pizza parlor, or find it in a 15-ounce bag at the grocery store.
- Course: Lunch
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- fresh basil leaves
- garlic cloves
- grape tomatoes
- Grated parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper
- Red onion
- refrigerated whole wheat pizza dough
- shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- whole milk ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 475Â°F
- Combine the ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 4-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until softened, 3 minutes. Add the grape tomatoes and cook until they are just wilted but still hold their shape, 2-3 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 13-inch diameter circle
- Transfer to the oven and bake until the crust is browned and cooked through, 14-16 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a cutting board. Top with the basil leaves and cut into 8 slices to serve.