A thoroughly decadent twist on a classic Nicoise salad â€“ and duck works surprisingly well with the traditional tuna accompaniments, too! A few tips to making this a real winner â€“ keep the egg yolks moist and soft, the vegetables crisp and tender and donâ€™t overcook the duck! This is all about moist and flavorful ingredients coming together for a simple yet exotic experience.
- Course: Dinner
- Dijon Mustard
- duck breasts
- fingerling potatoes
- Green beans
- hard boiled eggs
- Nicoise olives
- olive oil
- red wine
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan over a medium heat and add the oil.
- SautÃ© the duck breasts for 5-6 minutes each side or until cooked as desired. I prefer it still just a little pink inside. Cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. The duck can also be chilled to serve as a cold salad.
- Place the beans, potatoes and olives in a bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and reserve 1 tablespoon. Toss the remainder through the salad.
- To serve, slice the duck thickly. Arrange vegetables and eggs on plates or a platter. Top with the duck and drizzle with the reserved dressing.