Cellophane noodles are a traditional Vietnamese noodle â€“ light, delicate and with a playful texture that can be served hot or cold. You could also use rice stick noodles or vermicelli.
- cellophane or glass noodles
- chopped cashews
- fish sauce
- Green onions
- hot red chili
- Hot water
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- lamb loin or fillet
- palm or brown sugar
- Persian cucumber
- rice wine
- roughly chopped basil and mint
- To make the noodle salad, place noodles in a large dish, cover with hot water and allow to soak for 4 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse well with cold water. Drain again and cut into desired sized pieces and combine with the onions and herbs
- Whisk together the remaining dressing ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Pour over the cucumber and allow to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Brush the lamb with oil and season. Heat a cast iron grill or pan over medium high heat and grill for 3-4 minutes each side for medium rare or until cooked as desired. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and let stand for 10 minutes. Slice thinly.
- Combine the noodles, lamb, cucumber with dressing and toss with chopsticks or tongs. Serve into bowls and scatter with the nuts.
- Cellophane (glass) noodles are the base for this Vietnamese inspired dish with marinated cucumber, fresh herbs and lamb. Itâ€™s also great with beef or seafood and you can use rice stick noodles or vermicelli too.