These stunning Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes will make it seem like you spent all day in the kitchen, but are simple enough for even the novice cook. Gruyere cheese and butter infused with garlic, rosemary and sage makes these Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes the perfect bite.
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Side Dish
- black pepper
- fried sage leaves to garnish
- garlic cloves
- grated gruyere cheese
- sage leaves
- sprigs rosemary
- Sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400Â°F.
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes, then pat dry. Prick the sweet potatoes several times using a fork. Place on an oven safe non stick skillet and place into preheated oven and bake for 1 hour or until soft.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and allow to cool before slicing in half. Slice each sweet potato in half lengthwise then carefully scoop out the filling using a spoon, making sure not to break the skin. Set the hallowed sweet potato skins aside and place the filling into a bowl.
- In a saucepan, add butter, cream, rosemary, sage and smashed garlic then place on the stove over low heat. Once the butter has melted, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes making sure not to burn the butter. Pour mixture through a strainer into the bowl with the filling and discard the herbs and garlic, then mash the filling until smooth. Add salt, black pepper and gruyere cheese and mix to combine. Divide evenly between the hallowed sweet potatoes skins and spoon or pipe the filling into the shells. Place onto an oven-safe skillet and back into the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve warm with fried sage leaves as garnish (optional).