With crunchy iceberg lettuce as the â€œbunâ€ around a turkey pattyâ€”plus tomato, onion, avocado, cheese, and ranch sauceâ€”this burger is low on carbs but high in flavor.
- Garlic Powder
- ground black pepper
- ground turkey
- iceberg lettuce
- jack cheese
- olive oil
- onion powder
- ranch dressing
- Red onion
- sour cream
- soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Combine the ranch dressing, mayonnaise, and sour cream in a small bowl
- Slice a 4-inch-wide â€œlobeâ€ off the top of one head of lettuce (this will be one half of a lettuce â€œbunâ€). Slice 3 more lobes off the sides of the head. Repeat with the second head of lettuce
- Gently combine the turkey, Worcestershire, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Shape the mixture into four patties about 3/4-inch thick.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. (Alternately, heat a grill pan over medium heat and use a paper towel dipped in the oil to lightly oil the grate.) Cook the patties until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. During the last minute of cooking time, top each patty with a slice of cheese and cover the pan to help melt the cheese.
- Place half of the lettuce â€œbunsâ€ on plates or a platter, cut side up. Top with the onion, patties, tomato, avocado, ranch sauce, and remaining â€œbuns,â€ cut side down, and serve.