Classic tiramisu gets a fun and flavorful makeover with toasted almond tiramisu parfaits. These elegant little desserts come together in no time and are perfect for entertaining!
- Course: Dessert
- amaretti cookies
- Egg yolks
- For the coffee soaking syrup:
- For the tiramisu filling:
- granulated sugar
- heavy cream
- Mascarpone cheese
- package hard Italian ladyfingers
- Powdered sugar
- Sliced almonds
- Vanilla Extract
- very strong coffee
- Combine the coffee and Amaretto in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer with whisk attachment, whip egg yolks and sugar until thick and light in color, about 5 minutes. Add mascarpone and vanilla extract, and mix until smooth. In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream with powdered sugar and Amaretto until it holds stiff peaks. Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture gently.
- To assemble the parfaits, cut ladyfingers in half and dip each half into the coffee mixture for just a few seconds. Place 3 halves in the bottom of each parfait glass. Top with a heaping quarter cup of filling. Repeat process with another layer of ladyfingers and filling. Cover each dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, top with toasted almonds and crushed amaretti cookies.