These soft sugar cookies are sweetened with apple cider, giving them a subtle apple flavor. The delightful hint of apple carries over to the brown sugar salted caramel frosting - also flavored with a splash of cider.
- All Purpose Flour
- apple cider
- Baking powder
- Cookie Ingredients:
- Dark brown sugar
- Frosting Ingredients
- Light brown sugar
- Powdered sugar
- unsalted butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Cookie Directions: In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, reduce apple cider to Â½ cup.
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F and spray the wells of a heart molded cookie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat butter and sugar until well combined. Beat in vanilla, egg, and reduced cider.
- Slowly beat in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly between the wells of the prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are just beginning to brown. Turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Frosting Directions: Melt butter in a small saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Add brown sugar and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir regularly. When sugar reaches a boil, wait two minutes and then add cider. Continue to stir until the caramel returns to a boil. Remove from heat.
- When caramel is cool enough to touch, mix in powdered sugar and salt until smooth.
- Spread on cooled cookies.