This is what happens when sweet potatoes meet nachos. Once youâ€™ve had this killer mash-up, you may never eat regular nachos again.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 1 1/4 pound sweet potato, peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup drained and rinsed canned low sodium black beans
- 3 tablespoons bottled medium hot salsa
- 2 tablespoons drained pickled jalapeño pepper slices
- 2 ounces jack cheese, shredded, 1/2 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Cut the sweet potato into 1/2-inch thick slices. Stack the slices and cut in ½-inch wide sticks; transfer to a bowl and toss with the oil and salt. Arrange in a single layer on a Circulon 11 x 17-inch nonstick baking sheet.
3. Roast the potatoes 12 minutes, remove from the oven and turn over, taking care to keep them in a single layer. Return to the oven and roast until browned and tender, about 12 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and gently push the sweet potato fries to the center of the baking sheet. Top with the beans, salsa, jalapeño slices and cheese. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese melts, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the oven, slide on to a plate, and serve immediately.