In a hurry? You can make this with store-bought pound cake (or angel food cake, which is lower in calories) and get this gorgeous dessert ready in about 20 minutes.
- Baking powder
- Cake Flour
- confectionersâ€™ sugar
- Fresh Blackberries
- Fresh Blueberries
- fresh lemon juice
- Fresh Raspberries
- Fresh Strawberries
- heavy cream
- large eggs
- Lemon Extract
- Lemon's Zest
- Seedless Raspberry Jam
- sour cream
- unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 325ÂºF. Butter and flour a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. With the mixer on medium, beat in the eggs 1 at a time, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl after each. Beat in the sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, and extract until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. With the mixer off, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Beat on low until well combined, about 45 seconds. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven until the top is browned and cracked and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60-65 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Combine the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries with the sugar in a large bowl and let stand 30 minutes.
- Stir the jam and lemon juice together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the heavy cream and confectionersâ€™ sugar in a cold bowl and beat with an electric mixer to stiff peaks.
- To assemble the trifle, form a layer of the pound cake on the bottom of the trifle bowl. (Cut slices of cake into strips to make them fit in a single even layer). Brush the cake lightly with some of the jam mixture. Spoon one-third of the berries on the cake