Making a holiday meal can get very stressful! This Stovetop Wild Rice Stuffing recipe is not only simple to make, it is very festive and delicious!
- Course: Side Dish
- Chicken Stock
- Chopped fresh parsley
- chopped pecans
- cooked wild rice
- cubed bread stuffing
- dried Italian seasoning
- Italian sausage
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- red bell pepper
- red pepper flakes
- rouhgly chopped dried carnberries
- In a large skillet or pot, heat the olive oil to medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and sautÃ© until onions have softened and become translucent. Add the diced carrots, red bell peppers and celery and sautÃ© with onions and garlic until they become tender.
- After the aromatics have softened, add the ground Italian sausage, breaking apart with a wooden spoon or spatula. Mix together with the rest of the ingredients until the sausage becomes brown with golden-brown edges. Add the seasonings and stir.
- After the ground Italian sausage has browned, add the dried cranberries and chopped pecans. Stir and heat through. The cranberries will soften a bit. Then, add the bread for stuffing and cooked wild rice. Stir, making sure the rice and bread stuffing heat through. Taste for seasoning.
- Add the chicken stock and stir, making sure the bread softens but still maintains a nice bite. Taste again for seasoning and cook until rice and bread have heated all the way through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.