Stovetop Berry CrispBy Mallory Lanz
Warm juicy berries topped with crunchy brown sugar crisp and served with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream is a perfect and classy dessert for two.
- Yield: Yield: 2 Servings
- Course: Dessert
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- To make the crisp topping, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in a Circulon® Momentum 10-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add the rolled oats, pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently until toasty and lightly browned. Remove the topping mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the same pan over medium heat. Add the berries and granulated sugar. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the berries are soft and warm. Sprinkle with the crisp topping. Serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Recipe created exclusively for Circulon by food blogger partner and recipe developer Mallory Lanz, of Chocolate with Grace.