This fresh spring pea soup is filled with fresh spring flavors such as mint, thyme and leeks. Itâ€™s prepared in under 30 minutes and is perfect on its own or served with a slice of crusty bread and a dollop of crÃ¨me fraiche.
- black pepper
- chicken or vegetable stock
- CrÃ¨me Fraiche
- Fresh Thyme Leaves
- frozen baby sweet peas
- garlic cloves
- kosher salt
- large leeks
- Mint leaves
- unsalted butter
- In a large skillet set over medium heat add unsalted butter.
- Once the butter is melted add leeks and sautÃ© until soft, about 8 minutes. Add in minced garlic, thyme leaves, salt and pepper. SautÃ© for another minute or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Increase the heat to high and pour in chicken or vegetable stock. Bring to a slight boil and stir in frozen peas.
- Let the peas cook for 2 minutes, stir in mint leaves and remove pan from the heat.
- Add half the pea mixture to the container of a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth and pour into 3.5-quart saucepan. Puree remaining pea mixture following the same direction.
- Warm pea soup over medium low heat until hot.
- Enjoy plain or with a dollop of crÃ¨me fraiche.