Serve this delightful meatless main course with a green salad in any season. This is a family recipe from Kathleen Barsotti, who founded Farm Fresh To You in 1976. She raised her sons on the farm, which they now own and operate.
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil or butter
- 3 1/2 cups of chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup of minced cabbage
- 1 tbsp of dry white wine
- 1/3 cup of light ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp of minced fresh parsley
- Pepper to taste
- 8 cooked jumbo macaroni shells (cooked without salt or fat)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 can of low-sodium chicken broth undiluted
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1/8 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 can of tomato paste no-salt-added
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook onion in oil or butter until tender.
- Add spinach, cabbage, and wine
- Stir in ricotta cheese, parsley and pepper to taste
- Spoon 2-1/2 tablespoons spinach mixture into each cooked macaroni shell. Arrange the shells in a baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray
- Combine broth and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.