A rich seasonal pastry made with crisp fall apples, toasted almonds, and mascarpone cheese.
- Course: Dessert
- Crisp fall seasonal apples
- Maple Syrup
- Mascarpone cheese
- Tart shells
- Apple Filling:
- Heat an open skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add the apples and sautÃ© until the liquid is released and they are golden brown, about 5-8 minutes. Season with salt and cinnamon. Add zest and juice from lemon. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add 2 tbsp grade B maple syrup, toss in with cooked apples to glaze.
- DuFour Pastry Cups:
- Sweetened Mascarpone:
- Put mascarpone in a re-sealable zipper storage bag and cut corner for piping.
- Fill tart shells half way with mascarpone mixture.
- Spoon the cooked spiced apple mixture into cups and top with slivered almonds.