- Yield: 4 entree or 8 side servings
- Course: EntrÃ©e
- chopped sage
- grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- ground black pepper
- lemon juice
- Sea salt
- spaghetti squash
- unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350Â°F. Lightly oil a shallow roasting pan.
- Place squash, cut side down, on the prepared pan and roast until tender enough easily pierce the skin and flesh with a fork, 30-35 minutes. Let the squash stand 10 minutes then turn it over and with the tines of a fork scrape the flesh out of the shell. Transfer to a wire mesh strainer set over a bowl, cover and keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the sage and cook until the butter smells nutty and the solids have lightly browned. Add the lemon juice and cook 10 seconds. Stir in the squash, salt and pepper