Fresh corn and buttermilk, cheese, and a touch of bacon blend with traditional ingredients to make a terrific skillet cornbread that is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Baking powder
- fresh corn
- pepper jack cheese
- Yellow cornmeal
- Cut the kernels from the corn cob and reserve.
- Add bacon to a nonstick skillet and fry over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, stir together cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in flour & stir together.
- Remove bacon, chop & reserve.
- Pour the rendered fat from the skillet into a dish.
- Wipe out skillet & put into a 425Â°F oven to warm the pan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and buttermilk.
- Stir in rendered bacon fat, chopped bacon, cheese & corn.
- Add to dry ingredients & stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into the warm skillet & bake for 20-25 minutes.