Sourdough, Cranberry and Chorizo StuffingBy Marge Perry & David Bonom
This is bound to be your new favorite stuffing: Smokey and slightly spicy chorizo and tangy cranberries prove that opposites not only attract, they can form a perfect union.
- Course: Side Dish
- apple cider
- chopped carrot
- chopped celery
- chopped fresh sage
- chopped fresh thyme
- Chopped onion
- chorizo sausage
- day old sourdough bread
- Dried cranberries
- freshly ground black pepper
- garlic cloves
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375Â°F. Lightly butter a 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bring the cider to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the cranberries, remove from the heat and let stand 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 9 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet. Stir in the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic
- Bake stuffing, covered loosely with foil if the top browns too quickly, until golden, 55 to 60 minutes.