This is the classic soda fountain burger gone wild: we beefed up the usual thin patty into a fat, juicy burger to make it a carnivore's fantasy come true.
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Dinner
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 80% lean ground beef
- American or cheddar cheese
- beefsteak tomato
- bread and butter pickle chips
- cooked bacon
- drained capers
- For the Burgers:
- For the Dressing:
- ground black pepper
- hamburger rolls
- sweet pickle relish
- Vidalia or other sweet onion
- Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, relish and capers in a small bowl.
- For the burgers gently form the beef into four patties about 1/2 inch thick with a slight depression in the center to help for even cooking. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat until hot. Add the patties and cook 4 minutes. Turn the burgers, top each with a slice of cheese and cook 4 minutes longer for medium-rare or until desired doneness. During the last minute of cooking time cover the pan to help melt the cheese. Remove from the heat.
- Place roll bottoms onto each of 4 plates. Top each with a tomato slice, onion slice, patty, 1 1/2 bacon slices and 4 pickle chips. Spread the cut side of the top half of each roll with the dressing and set atop the burger.