S'mores BrowniesBy Meghan McGarry
Decadent brownies meet s’mores in this sweet summertime treat! With a golden graham cracker crust, decadent brownie layer and toasted marshmallow topping, s’mores brownies are sure to become your go-to dessert!
- Yield: 12-16 servings
All you need for this recipe and more...
For the Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
For the Brownies:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces dark or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bags (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper or foil, leaving a 1-inch overhang. Spray once more with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt and melted butter together. Press mixture evenly into prepared pan and bake for 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place chopped chocolate in medium size mixing bowl and set aside. Over medium-low heat, melt butter in a 1-quart saucepan. When melted, remove from heat and stir over chopped chocolate. Stir mixture until smooth.
- Whisk in granulated and light brown sugars, followed by eggs and vanilla extract. Add cocoa powder, flour, espresso powder and salt, and stir until smooth. You will most likely have to switch from a whisk to a spatula at this point as the mixture will become quite thick.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and even out with the spatula. Bake brownies for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs sticking to it, but no traces of raw batter appear. Transfer brownies to a cooling rack.
- For the marshmallow topping, place marshmallows on top of baked brownies and place under broiler for 1-2 minutes, until desired golden color is reached. Watch brownies carefully as marshmallows go from golden to burnt very fast! Allow brownies to cool for a few minutes and then remove from the pan by lifting up the foil edges. Cut brownies using a very sharp, clean knife. Rinse knife after every cut as marshmallows are very sticky.