Smoky Sopressata Wrapped Pork RoastBy PotsandPans Culinary Team
Sopressata Wrapped Pork Roast is a savory Italian main course that is both elegant and easy to prepare.
- Black Peppercorns
- boneless pork loin
- dried red chili
- dried rosemary
- Fennel seeds
- kosher salt
- mustard seeds
- paper thin slices Sopressata salami
- Toast fennel seeds, peppercorns, and mustard seeds in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until fragrant.
- Transfer to a cutting board, add red chili flakes and crush with the back of a skillet.
- Mix together with the salt, rosemary, and garlic.
- Wrap the pork with the sopressata slices and tie together with kitchen string.
- Lightly coat with olive oil and roll in spice mixture.
- In an oven safe nonstick skillet, brown the pork on all sides over medium high heat. Transfer to a 400 Â°F oven and finish cooking, about 30 minutes, or until thermometer registers 155 degrees.
- Rest the meat for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.