This small batch Italian wedding soup is the perfect soup for just two. Itâ€™s simple, flavorful and can easily be doubled if needed.
- Course: EntrÃ©e
- baby greens
- Beef Stock
- Chicken Stock
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For meatballs:
- For soup:
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Italian bread crumbs
- meatloaf mix
- Minced flat-leaf parsley
- minced onion
- small dice carrots
- small dice celery
- tubettini pasta
- Whole milk
- For the meatballs: Preheat oven to 350Â°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking liner.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix together by hand. Roll into 1-inch meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet. Mixture will make about 25-30 meatballs.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the meatballs are fully cooked. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- For the soup: While the meatballs are cooking start your soup base. Place pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add onion, carrots and celery. Cook for about 10 minutesâ€“until the vegetables are soft but not browned. Add in garlic and let cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add in beef and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add in pasta and cook until al dente.
- Place cooked, warm meatballs and greens into the soup and stir to combine. The greens should wilt right away.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese on top if desired.