Skirt Steak TacosBy Marge Perry & David Bonom
Skirt steak has an assertive meaty flavor and texture that stands up well in a taco; lean flank steak also works well. Marinate the meat ahead and you can have this dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- Combine the steak, oil, garlic, and vinegar in a large bowl, turning to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Remove steak from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat until hot. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper and set on grill pan. Grill 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain.
- Meanwhile, combine the onion, cilantro, and lime juice in a small bowl. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Set 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates and top each with steak, onion mixture, jalapeño, tomato, and queso fresco.