Just like grabbing tacos at a stand at the beach—fresh flavors abound from spicy shrimp, creamy coleslaw to smooth avocados.
- Yield: 5 servings (2 tacos each)
- Course: Lunch
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (16 oz) peeled and deveined raw shrimp, patted dry
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, cooked as directed and cooled
- 10 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Avocado slices
- Fresh salsa
Shrimp Tacos with Corn Slaw
By Ingrid Gangestad
1. In resealable bag, mix oil, chili powder, cumin, salt and garlic. Add shrimp; seal bag and toss to coat shrimp in oil mixture. Refrigerate up to 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, stir together mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice and sugar. Stir in coleslaw mix and corn.
3. Heat 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, stirring 2 to 3 minutes, until shrimp are no longer pink. Divide shrimp and coleslaw mixture among tortillas. Top each with avocado slices and salsa.