Asian noodles, prawns and vegetables are given a sweet salty sauce and spooned into crisp lettuce leaves to enjoy with the hands. A wonderful dish to enjoy with a French Sancerre or Alsatian Dry Riesling.
- Bean Sprouts
- fish sauce
- Green onions
- Lettuce leaves
- palm or brown sugar
- Raw cashews
- Red pepper
- rice wine
- Shrimp or small prawns
- Vermicelli or cellophane noodles
- Place the cashews in a non-stick pan over medium heat and cook, shaking pan until golden and aromatic. Remove from pan and set aside
- Place noodles in a large heatproof dish and cover with very hot water. Allow to soak for 5 minutes, or until just softened. Transfer to a sieve, refresh with cold water and strain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, pepper, cilantro leaves, bean sprouts, green onion and prawns.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and toss through the salad.
- Place mounds in lettuce cups and scatter with the cashews. Serve straight away, wrapping the lettuce leave around the salad to eat like a wrap.