- Course: Dinner
- ears corn
- large sea scallops
- lemon zest
- Micro greens or snow pea shoots
- olive oil
- shelled peas
- sliced wild or shitake mushrooms
- Place half the corn in a blender with 2-4 tablespoons of water or wine, and puree until smooth. Puree should be smooth but not watery.
- Place in a saucepan. Add half the remaining whole kernels (kernels from one ear), and gently simmer 2-3 minutes until whole kernels are tender. Remove from heat, season to taste, cover and keep warm.
- Heat a tablespoon of the oil in an ovenproof pan over medium high heat and add the scallops. Cook for 20-30 seconds each side to just brown, add the wine and lemon zest and transfer to a medium oven for 5 minutes or until plump and tender
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan and sautÃ© the shallot for 1 minute, add the mushrooms and cook 1-2 minutes or until just softening. Add the peas and corn cook, stirring for 2 minutes until tender crisp.
- Spoon corn puree onto hot plates top with the vegetables and scallops and spoon over the wine sauce. Garnish with micro greens.
- Plump seared scallops sit atop a sautÃ©ed bed of fresh peas, corn and mushrooms, all made just a touch creamy by a puree of corn to bind it all into one fresh mÃ©lange. A dish that could be equally at home on a special dinner party table, or on your lap sitting in front of a romantic movie!