Sautéed Green Beans with BaconBy Tonia Larson
Green beans are always part of a traditional holiday dinner, but when bacon and French fried onions are added, the green beans become a showcase dish.
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 4 slices bacon
- 16 ounces fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- French fried onions
1. Fry the slices of bacon in a sauté pan.
2. Remove the bacon to drain and crumble it when it cools.
3. Add the green beans to the bacon skillet. Cook in the bacon grease, over medium heat, stirring often.
4. Add the water and sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper. Cover the sauté pan leaving a crack for the steam to escape. Cook
over low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Top the green beans with bacon bits and French fried onions.